Monday, 3 November 2008

Weekend Back Home

After a depressing string of events up north I decided to make the trip back home for some much needed bent. I was not disappointed. Friday saw me play on the new courts at Lowlands with J, which always seems to end up using doublehanded forehands and singlehanded backhands and normally hitting it as fast as we can. Good fun. The day progressed and ended up going to visit my little bro with Dj Daz. I didn't know quite what to expect but it was a good laugh, Daz was full of appetising bent and it culminated in us dressed in ridiculous costumes breakdancing on David's lounge floor and dodging fireworks being fired out of people's hands in the garden. Earlier that evening we had popped into the RE bar where a text from Chopper set me a little task, with one of his ex colleagues. I took the task, got photographic evidence and Chopper is still yet to pay up....very disappointed!!

Saturday was even better, lots of rain stopped play which meant I could go out earlier with fellow troopers Daz and J. We anticipated lots of things that we could do for our pointless two hours with ridiculous suggestions such as open top bus tour of London, strip clubs or seeing a show they were all brushed aside with conversations about how many drinks could be consumed instead. The evening started well at bar On anon, 3 jugs of delicious cocktail, some nicer than others (thanks Daz) then we were joined by the others before swiftly departing on our wild adventure. Strangely enough I had a good time and was in a bit of a rush to get back in time in the end so could have done with some more time on my own. Three moments that stood out for me was 1) seeing J in the first bar I went into and was welcomed by a 2 fingered salute to which I ignored turned and left. 2) Somehow getting into Strawberry Moons, girls got in free but guys were £8 but for some reason I didn’t get charged, whether this was due to the bouncer feeling sorry for me, he confused me for a girl or another reason I don’t know. 3)Sitting in All Bar One at a table for 6 people, looking straight at a mirror looking back at me, it was quite nostalgic watching myself drinking alone, I found myself laughing to myself, people must have thought I was a right fruitcake. Ended up getting 5 drinks in 5 different locations having visited nearer to 10 for various toilet stops and checking out the place to see if it was any good. I have made a little diagram of my adventure throughout the evening although I only posted the places I could remember and that I could find on the internet. The night concluded brilliantly with two wrestling bouts. First Chops took on the Bot and then Nails. I haven’t laughed so hard in a long time, both then and watching it back. Hopefully this night will be repeated!



Betting – Austin got dumped out of X-Factor, guess this is a moment to only bet on what you know on…..back to tennis. P.S. football’s shit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well documented - i wasn't expecting the map!