I have been very poor at blogging recently, especially as I have been out every night since I have been back and no doubt had countless stories to recall however, it has now hit me how poor I actually am and I have been having a crack down on the job websites today. Nothing very exciting. Having just stated how poor I am, I am off to Beaconsfield tonight, which will no doubt be expensive, I have a tennis tour to BOUUUURRRMMMMAAFFFFFFF this weekend and a holiday to save up for....how I am meant to save when I have no income is one I will have to work out!
Anyway I did/will make a bit of money from the gambling over these Wimbledon Championships. I will refer you to my previous betting blog post where I put up these thoughts in the middle of the French:
Federer - 11/5
Roddick - 35/1
Verdasco - 79/1
Soderling - 84/1
Monfils - 299/1
Berdych - 399/1
At these prices and on their form at the time I backed Federer and Roddick but decided to leave the others until I had seen the draw/which half they were in. On doing this Berdych had a relatively simple route through to the QF against Roddick (who I had already backed) but the others all had pretty tough draws. I also then decided to back Tsonga and Blake as their recent form/favourable draw made them a good shout. Tsonga could not win convincingly in his first 2 games meaning his price did not fall and then came up against Ivo Karlovic = mistake 1. Blake (Queens RU) then got dicked on in 3 sets by an Italian who is crap on grass = mistake 2 (although I still claim this was his fault not mine). Apart from those blips and also backing Davydenko for a small amount to cover my Berdych bet all has gone well. I cashed in for £12 on Berdych before he played A-Rod and now have money on Roj and Randy both to win. Although Randy's odds have fallen Roger is such an overwhelming favourite I am going to leave my bets as they stand and hope for a Roddick win as although it is highly unlikely it would be a big pay out if it happens. On the other hand should Roger win (which he will in 3 sets) he will cover all my other bets for the championships meaning I wont finish on a loss which is good news!
This blog sucks
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment