Well it has been an odd few days which reached its peak yesterday. Cutting a long story short we ended up in Watford in potentially the worst club I have ever been to (that might be doing it a slight injustice as the club in Ealing for Eri's birthday has got to take that award). Anyway the club not the smallest in the world but the amount of people they let in was quite ridiculous. There was not one place in the whole club you could stand without someone barging into you. The bar queue merged into the dancefloor, which merged into people waiting for the toilets, which merged with the queue to get in and it was terrible. J and I have now vowed to never go back there so only time will tell. Having left the club just before 2am we went in search of a dirty Sams burger and then to the wrong end of Watford high street where there were only black cabs. James suggested we walked home which Simon decided might be a good idea but to which I objected. We had to walk towards the other end of the highstreet to walk home or get a cab anyway so we trotted on and the further we got we decided to keep going.
We had started our walk home at 2am, something that J and I had done before dressed as old men where we ended up at home in foul moods with bleeding blistered feet. This was not something I was looking forward to. If the thought of the long walk home wasn't bad enough it then started lightly raining and by that time we couldn't be bothered to stop and turn back so we continued.
The light spitting turned into torrential rain, loud enough to hear it bouncing off the road and cars and it just didn't let up. It got heavier and heavier, within about 20minutes of our journey we were drowned! If the rain wasn't bad enough the wind picked up, always coming into our faces making it absolutely freezing, I remember losing control of my fingers and Simon struggling to be able to open the bottle of water due to pure coldness. The journey was made slightly more entertaining by tuneful singing of Shine by Take That sung by J and a little video blog we started after the first hour of the journey. These will shortly be posted on YouTube for anyone interested.
Anyway I now have a cough and am still cold so I might go have a hot cuppa.
No comments:
Post a Comment