Sorry for the week's delay in updating the blog, it's been a manic few days, culminating in a weekend away in Bournemouth. Was a great couple of days even if I did absolutely bottle it in the golf. We had an 18hole crazy golf competition with about 7 of us that went. I started slowly and one guy started absolutely spanking it, everyone had already given up the chase when he had an absolute nightmare hole, for some reason he couldnt get the ball up the hill and everytime it rolled back down it flew off the back of the course resulting in an extra dropped shot. He eventually sunk the putt in 9 every one else did it in 2! It was all pretty close and on the 15th hole we thought we ought to check the scores. Incredibly only 2 shots seperated first from last and at that point I was joint leader with a few others. I had a couple of great holes and went into the last (which involved a ramp a tricky double walled zig zag) in first place a shot ahead of the pack which meant I teed off first! An awesome first stroke left me with a 3ft piss easy putt to claim the victory and the pot of money but for some reason I absolutely choked, missing it by a mile. As you can expect this resulted in a hell of a lot of barracking from the rest of the lads and for everyone that knows Nev you can imagine how loud it was, other golfers were stopping their games to see what was going on. I eventually sunk it in 3 and still hoped that it would be enough to seal victory, unfortunately one other guy sunk in 2 meaning a play off was required. I won't go into too much detail as I realise that this is actually quite boring now but... we had to play left handed and I was crap and eventually lost on the third hole. Gutted! I am sure the other lads who were there will update their blogs soon with lots more Bournemouth banter so I will leave it at that for now!
This is the start of my last week of freedom for a month, and in that spell I am pretty much guaranteed no banter and a shit lot of work which I am not really looking forward to. Going to have to cram as much into this week as possible and I should also be doing a bit of reading for the next placement as well. Oh well. I will update soon with football story and joke of the day as I know you all must be missing those features.
No comments:
Post a Comment