WHAT A FINAL! There is no point me even discussing the tennis that was played yesterday, it was truly incredible. Great tennis from both players from start to finish. I can honestly say I was not overly bothered either way which was an odd feeling to have. After having got a reasonable amount on Rafa to win I guess I was slightly favouring him, however, you can never want a player of Roger's status to lose, he is too good and I have enjoyed watching too many of his games. As I have just read on J's Blog, it will certainly be interesting to see how he reacts, I may even look at trying to get tickets to next years final if they are still likely to be competing for it. I am lucky (or unlucky) enough to have been to a Wimbledon final previously. Just my luck it was the worse final I have ever, ever seen. Take a look at these past line ups and this one jumps out at you a mile as an absoulte shitter!
2008 - Federer v Nadal - Nadal wins possibly one of the greatest Wimbledon matches ever.
2007 - Federer v Nadal - Nadal gets close, and Federer throws a tantrum at Hawkeye
2006 - Federer v Nadal - Federer wins again but its a 4 set match with 2 tie-breaks. Great game.
2005 - Federer v Roddick - Roddick played his heart out, some great tennis but Federer too good.
2004 - Federer v Roddick - 4 sets again, 2 tiebreaks, pressure on Federer to retain his crown. Brilliant.
2003 - Federer v Philippousis - The dawn of a new era. Everyone new how good Federer was and it would have been quite something to see him pick up his first Wimbledon title.
2002 - Hewitt v Nalbandian - Pure shit from the start, cocky little Aussie vs a lanky Argentinian.
2001 - Ivanisevic v Rafter - Rafter was one of my fave players and this was an incredible game, finished on the Monday while I was in maths. Also one of the best matches I have ever seen!
2000 - Sampras v Rafter - My two favourite players to watch in a truly thrilling game, finished in darkness and Sampo picks up his last Wimbledon a true Legend!
Whats the betting if I tried to get tickets for next year that Federer will have retired, Nadal will be injured Murray will fluke his way to the final against some shit player from a country no ones ever heard of. Oh well.
On a seperate note I went to surgery today. Was brilliant. Full post on that at another time. I'm off to play tennis... it's raining....no doubt i'll be back soon!
1 comment:
Plenty more good times where the BBQ came from! Let me know when you're coming back so we can arrange some serious bent.
Post a Comment