Saturday, 5 July 2008

I'm Back

Sorry for any of you that might have thought I'd topped myself after my last post. Reading it back I was in a pretty foul mood so sorry for that whinging post and let's hope this one is a little better! I haven't had time to post during the week due to being exceptionally busy. My supervisor on my placement has left which has left everyone in the lurch, this has meant that I have basically been bumped up to a more senior physio position in my first placement which has inevitably been extremely stressful. I have had to get up early and arriving back home late only to have to do an exceptionally large amount of reading before going to bed again and starting it all again the next morning. Now having never worked full-time properly I am finding this a bit of a struggle. On the ward I have been given chief resposibility of the ladies half (about 12 patients) and it's been going OK so far. Next week my new supervisor is in meetings all day meaning I am going to be in sole charge of the physiotherapy aspect of the ward a whole 26 people, which I can imagine will be a little stressful. Some amusing stories from the ward this week involved a gentleman in a sideroom remove the curtains from his window, remove his clothes and then continue to rub himself, this is bad enough but he decided to do this at visiting hours so things got a little awkward as you can imagine. Also bear in mind that this is an elderly medical ward that I am on so not a pretty sight! Another was an elderly lady that came up to me and whispered that unless I let her go she would be forced to call the police and get the 'heavies' on me. Although dementia is a horrible illness it does make for some very interesting conversations particularly when there are more than one on a ward, as not only do they end up arguing with eachother and people that aren't there they even manage to argue with the other person's invisible aquaintance, its a very odd sight!
On a separate note I have managed to play in a tennis match for a small local club, unfortunately I had a bit of a nightmare and after a promising start I completely fell to pieces. Not helped by the fact my partnet had a mare and the opposition were cheating obese tossers, but thats beside the point, I was terrible and hope to improve very soon. One thing I did find rather funny was how different the Middlesex League runs to the Cleveland league. Firstly there are almost double amount of teams in Cleveland league, and you play each team twice. All sets are played to 10 and if it gets to 10all its a tie. I can't stand it, it is such a stupid idea give me Middlesex tennis any day. Firstly if its a very one sided game, do you really want to get stuffed 10-0? 6-0 is bad enough in a normal set but 10-0 is enough to make you want to give up tennis for good, secondly if you go a considerable amount of games down although it gives you extra time to get back into it, you are quite often so down hearted you still end up losing. In the event of a close game, you could end up fighting all the way to the wire only to draw 10-10, what use is that to anyone? You have ended up playing for ages and ages only to draw with the opposition? Where's the tie break, it's there for a reason so get a winner at the end of the set! Finally try playing three sets to 10. It takes forever! Even if you win (or lose) quickly you still have to wait for the other pairs to finish before you can start the next one. You don't end up finishing the evening til after 10 o'clock! P.S. I also played a guy in the Cleveland league last week that was wearing an ankle tag! He called my serve out, it was clearly on the line.... I didn't argue!
Gambling
Things are looking good on this front at the moment. I made a decent amount on Spain and David Villa, even after laying them just before the game. Nadal has made it through to the final so I have the dilema again whether to let the bet ride or to get some money back either way. Also Chopper has recently informed me that QPR are now favourites to get promoted, I made a couple of bets a while ago that they would get promoted to the Premiership this year/win the Championship and the odds have plumeted since. I shall certainly be laying them though, with Ian Dowie in charge I still think the odds are against them.
Holidays
Its that time of year where I am sat in my conservatory creating this latest blog entry with rain beating down on the roof... British Summer. Everyone's facebook status seems to be changing to So and so is going on holiday or So and so had a wicked time in Malia and it is making me rather jealous, particularly as a couple of friends are jetting off to America and another friend to Australia soon if not already. Won't be long though til our holiday arrives so I can't wait.
Sorry this is a bit of a disjointed post, I still have loads of work to do so better get to it! Home next week though so I hope guys at home have lots of benter planned, my darts is coming on though, inspired by Justin Lee Collins' attempt at becoming a pro player oh and the Las Vegas Darts of course!

1 comment:

Twentysomething said...

Good post, keep it up!