Saturday, 30 May 2009

Betting

Tonight involved a bit of betting. I watched a bit of the tennis which I thoroughly enjoyed, bet on Chelsea to win the FA cup after they went a goal down and also had a Chelsea & Rangers double which came off. Unfortunately I ended up making a loss by betting on a bloody reality TV show in Britain's Got Talent. It was my own stupidity which lost me the bet which was even more annoying. Having watched a bit of it this week and hearing some rave reviews about a Saxophonist (or whatever they like to be called) I felt he was a good bet, also he was on as the last act of the final (and traditionally the later on an act is the more they are remembered, hence more votes). I stuck some money on him thinking that he had a great shot of being in the top 3. With SuBo as a huuuuge favourite she was bound to be one of the top 3 the other spot could be fought out amongst the two big dance troops and maybe a young singer. So I felt it was a good shot particularly as his starting price was 14/1 which got even higher by the time I got the bet on.

Anyway to my amazement Betfair then suspended betting as the final 3 was announced. All my plans to lay him as soon as he was named in the final 3 went out the window so knowing he was unlikely to actually win I was kind of hoping he wouldn't be named in the top 3. He was. Rubbing salt in the wound as he was named the third best. Anyway enough rambling hopefully everyone is enjoying their sunny weekend, it certainly brings a smile to the face of everyone which can only really be a good thing, even at the time when I am really starting to regret doing this damn masters. Far too much work...and to think I have a whole dissertation to start is not a feeling I like at all. Today I thought of what my day may involve in 2 weeks time when this placement is over. Wake up, go to the gym, play some tennis do some dissertation, do some back rehab (I am now in intensive training to fix my back which has been buggered for far too long now) and then get plastered. Hopefully this fitness regime will carry on for as long as I don't have a job, and the drinking regime will go on for as long as I have someone to drink with (although this is not a necessity).

No comments: