Saturday, 9 August 2008

Football is back!

After a long old summer (if you can call regular overcast days summer) the football season is back. Only the championship today but with a Champs league game mid week and the all important premiership next week I thought it was a good time to mention a few mug punts I have got on.
Firstly as you are aware I did get some rather good odds on QPR winning and getting promoted to the premiership this season, which I have since layed but have still left the majority on so fingers crossed on that one. Looking at the rest of the league there wasn't much that took my fancy. A little punt on palace getting promoted was worth a few quid also a few golden boot bets with new Coventry signing Freddy Eastwood at 33/1, Forest player Nathan Tyson (who is desperate for a move away and will be hoping to impress) at 50/1 and old man Kevin Phillips at 16/1. Other bets placed see Adebayor top goalscorer at 16/1 and a few different accumulators on who will win each league.
As on J's blog I followed his lead by backing a few Olympians for Sports Personality 2008 however an interesting fact that both in 1992 and 1996 which were both olympic years Hill and Mansell both took home the award for driving fast cars, could this be an omen for a certain Mr Hamilton? Looking at the Olympic contenders even with a gold medal, would they beat Hamilton should he win the GP? I would doubt it. I have a bit of work to do now so I'm going to leave it at that for now, but more betting talk to come and certainly lots more football as I'm really looking forward to this season!

2 comments:

Twentysomething said...

Hamilton is so short-priced to win Sports Personality it's ridiculous. He will definitely have to win the F1 Championship to win SPOTY, and even that might not be enough against a winning Olympian. Absolutely no value backing him at 6/4

Blogger said...

I completely agree more, its ridiculous how short his odds are. Considering the amount of sport on this summer the contenders are all pretty shit!