Today has been a day full of sport and it's great. As J recently posted on my comments, the sports personality of the year is now bound to be Rebecca Addlington, and too right. She absolutely kicked butt. I am just majorly pissed off that I didn't bet on her. My knowledge of swimming isn't great but it was an easy money maker. Before her first gold her odds were ridiculously long she then got her gold and they went down to about 15/1 with her favourite event to come. Still I didn't even think about betting, she then broke the Olympic record in the heat and looked invincible and odds went down to 10/1. She then smashed the world record winning in style and is now favourite at 7/4. Realistically if I had actually put some thought in there was certainly some pennies to be won.
How awesome was the 100m by the way. I can understand why people dislike it as there is no skill involved, no pacing yourself, just pure brutal power and I think its brilliant. Before the race Bolt's odds were 2/11 and when the next favourite was 5/1 and the next at 40/1 I thought a lay was in order, a little slip up anywhere through the race or a false start could make things interesting and for a guy at 2/11 I thought it was worth a few quid. How wrong could I be. He didn't just win it, he destroyed it in an unbelievable 9.69 seconds. It was truly incredible, he even slowed down before the finish to celebrate it could have only been more patronising if he stopped turned around and walked backwards across the line. Luckily I didn't waste too much money but with his 'favoured' 200m to come I don't think I will bet against him again.
Finally footie season has started and great start, pretty decent game for the Arse and a brief note to all football pundits and cocky fans. Tottenham top 4...you must be joking after a miserable defeat to Boro. Arsenal lost just 3 games in the prem last year and got top 4. Tottenham will need all the luck in the world if they aren't going to lose another 2 games.
No comments:
Post a Comment