Tuesday, 10 February 2009

Unlucky?

Now I know I am biased but I have to say I do believe Arsenal have been extremely unlucky over the last two seasons. Yes this may not compare to teams such as Newcastle who constantly struggle with injuries or Portsmouth who lose their manager and sell all their decent players but in comparrison to the teams Arsenal are competing with we have horrendous luck. Forgetting last season which has got to be one of the unluckiest of collapses ner the end of the season let's just focus on this season.

GK Almunia - No major problems
LB Clichy - Not playing well but nothing to do with luck
CB Gallas - Makes a ridiculous outburst to wreck any team spirit we may have had
CB Toure - Obviously has been affected big time by his centre back team mate
RB Sagna - Never quite been at his peak since his injuy last year.
LM Rosicky - Been out for well over a year has been a massive loss for us.
CM Fabregas - Injured in the Liverpool game - a big loss at a key part of the season
CM Song, Diaby, Denilson - Between all of them regular minor injuries have meant Cesc has no regular partner
RM Walcott - Described by Fabio Capello as England's best player and got injured just when he was starting to get to his best
ST Eduardo - Nuff said
ST Adebayor - Crocked in the Tottenham game

On top of the injury list there has been some ridiculous refereeing decisions - Webb sending Adebayor off against Liverpool, Dean's decision to disallow Eboue's goal against Spurs. There have been more i won't bore you with. Yes other team's have had their injuries (Rio, Carvalho, Rooney, Drogba, Torres, Gerrard) but I doubt any team challenging for trophies have had as many injuries to as many key personnel.

I'm sorry for not blogging sooner, my internet in this room is incredibly awful so it won't let me blog. I kept all my posts but don't think many are worth putting up now so I will try to keep it as up to date as possible.

No comments: