To start with I am absolutely knackered, all this work is unfamiliar to me and I am getting home and almost falling asleep straight away, which is no good considering I still have 'homework' to be getting on with and there is football and tennis on the telly! Hospital is a little odd at the moment, as we had several discharges at the end of last week that means free beds therefore new patients. I think half the ward have dementia and are for want of a better word bonkers! I do hope I never get it but to be fair to them they seem to enjoy themselves, one particular lady has been having a horrible argument with her mum all day, screaming at the top of her voice, this wouldn't normally be a problem but shes 96 so as you can imagine the chances of her mum being around to argue with are quite slim. Apart from that it's going OK but I do have a visit from the uni on Monday where I am going to be tested.....scary stuff.
Aside from hospital the tennis has been going well, hopefully you all lumped your money on Dancevic to beat Nalbandian and walked away with a tidy sum. I was also quite pleased to have backed Becker (Ben not Boris) to beat 4th seed Davydenko which also went my way. On the downside I had a 12 man accummulator today that had 11 results go my way...the one that didn't...World Number 3 Novak Djokovic losing, what a tosser! On that note let's move onto Djoke of the day....haha... do you like what I did there? This is a hospital related joke particularly as I am currently seeing lots of amputees as mentioned before.
Joke of the Day:
In a hospital for victims of land mines, a man wakes from surgery. Man: “Doc, something’s wrong… I can’t feel my legs!” Doctor: “yes, we’ve had to amputate both your arms,”
In a hospital for victims of land mines, a man wakes from surgery. Man: “Doc, something’s wrong… I can’t feel my legs!” Doctor: “yes, we’ve had to amputate both your arms,”
Football Story of the Day:
Today I'm going to talk about Andrei Arshavin the Russian playmaker. This is a guy who in my opinion has been hyped up to the extreme by the media recently. Bare in mind that he was suspended for the first 2 games so has only played the last group game and a QF but seems to be in the papers every day. Yes he is a good player, but is this not all a little familiar. Think back to Euro 1996 (probably my favourite tournament I have seen, probably due to it being in England and also the first one I ever followed fully) Czech Republic play some great football and a hairy guy called Poborski scores a lobbed goal past at the time the best keeper in the world Peter Schmiechel. United instantly snapped him up and he turned out to be a bit of a flop. Utd supporters will probably disagree but to be honest compared to the majority of other signings he was poor. Skip forward a few years and to the World Cup where Senegal beat France in the opening game no sooner than the final whistle was blown El-Hadji Diouf and Salif Diao were bought by Liverpool. Diouf has been a horrible addition to the Premier League and as for Diao god knows where he is now, think he might have been released by Stoke. So getting back to the point... will Arshavin turn out to be another in the long list of disappointments? If rumours are to be believed there is a chance he could be wearing the red and white of Arsenal next year so let's hope not, although whether Arsenal realy nead a man who has just stated it's his dream to play for Barcelona after recent events and rumours involving current players having a dream to play for other clubs such as Flamini, Hleb, Adebayor and Utds Ronaldo is still to be seen.
Football is on soon so better get some dinner, lets hope its a goodun, I have heard Turkey are tempted to use their 3rd choice keeper as a makeshift striker though, could be worth a laugh!
P.S. Well done Dazzy for getting a blog on the go. I look forward to hear all about your Australian adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment