Post number two and there has been no complaints about the content so far, which I guess is a good thing. I’m in the middle of pre-clinical week this week, which involves tedious sessions of form filling in and horror stories about placement, one I heard today was particularly horrific, if you are squeamish please ignore this section, this was told to me by a student nurse who is at the same hospital as I will be going to next week. She told us how she had just tended to one 17 year old boy who looked like he had down’s syndrome but was completely paralysed, on asking why he was in hospital she found out that… the boy and his friends had got so wasted and stoned that his best friend had shaved the boys hair off, put in a bowl and mixed it with butter before ejaculating into the concoction. He then fed it to him. This alongside the cocktail of the booze and drugs had sufficated him having an adverse affect on his nervous system, paralysing him. The best friend visited him in hospital before returning home and killing himself after seeing what he had done. Oh what joy I have to look forward to… bring on placement.
On a lighter note the game on Monday was indeed a cracker, good old Holland, it will be interesting to see if they can overcome a piss poor France team made up of 30somethings next. Spain’s game was also a very good game and it is probably good that England didn’t get to the Euro’s as we would have been in their group and got absolutely trounced. I am pleased to say that David Villa scored a hat-trick so my prediction in James’ predictor league for Villa as top goalscorer and pre-tournament bet of him being golden boot winner at 14/1 looks like a good shout, just need to consider whether it will be worth recuperating some of that money now his price has dropped to 11/8. Also just checked Rafa’s odds for Wimbledon today and they have also dropped since I stuck £5 on him before his impressive display in the French he is just about to start at the Stella so will have to see how he fares. No doubt I’ll end up losing all of this money in some ridiculous punt seeing as there is so much sport on at the moment, but at least it’s fun while it lasts.
Joke of the day: A woman and a man driver are involved in a horrific collision, but amazingly both escape completely unhurt - though their cars are written off. As they crawl out of the wreckage, the man sees the woman is blonde and strikingly beautiful. Then the woman turns to the man and gushes breathily: 'That's incredible - both our cars are demolished but we're fine. It must be a sign from God that we are meant to be together!' Sensing a promise, the man stammers back, 'Oh yes, I agree with you completely!' The woman goes on, 'And look, though my car was destroyed, this bottle of wine survived intact, too! It must be another sign. Let's drink to our love!' 'Well, OK!' says the man, going with the moment. She offers him the bottle, so he downs half of it and hands it back. 'Your turn,' says the man. 'No, thanks,' says the woman, 'I think I'll just wait for the police.'
Football story of the day: This was going to be about the soon to be transfer of English youngster Ramsey to Arsenal however, I have just found out that Gary Lewin the Arsenal Physio has quit his role and is taking up a full time position in the England Squad. As an Arsenal fan and soon to be qualified physio (hopefully, results out this week so finger’s crossed) I found this story quite interesting. Lewin who originally was a goalkeeper for Arsenal back in 1980 soon realised he was crap at that and took up physiotherapy for the same club. He has spent a massive 28 years at the club and 12 with England as a part-time physio. Only Pat Rice the Arsenal Assistant Manager has spent longer at the club than Lewin. I realise that this is less of a discussion and more a stat attack so I will end it there but may continue a talk about Mr Lewin at another time. Thanks to a true Arsenal Legend who could teach a lot of modern day footballers a lesson in loyalty!
Facebook summary: I realise my posts are pretty long so will have to try and make them a lot shorter in the future. Nothing interesting on Facebook today so will end the post here. Please comment by the way guys so I know if this is worth carrying on doing!
1 comment:
Good shizzle
Post a Comment